Davis Racing Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Davis Racing Dragons

We are a dragon boat team at UC Davis.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs.

Go down 
+2
Lisa
donnysaur
6 posters
AuthorMessage
donnysaur

donnysaur

SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. Empty
PostSubject: SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs.   SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 2:44 am

lawlalwlawlalwalwlllawlalwlwalwlalllawlalwl.

Ideas?
Back to top Go down
Lisa

PostSubject: Re: SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs.   SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 2:47 am

You guys should call yourselves the S'MOOORREESSSSS x]. TEAM SMOOOOOOOORES! YEAAH
Back to top Go down
heytoria

heytoria

PostSubject: Re: SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs.   SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:32 am

i really enjoyed dance central even though we all really sucked at it. except collin. i would love to see people dance and i know that on the team, there are hella people that can [coughcoughkristin] and who most definitely can't. LIKE ME! maybe something dance related like a dance central/ddr social or just have kristin teach us her swag.

speaking of s'mores. i'd hecka want to do a blanketfort/s'moresmovienight thing, but i'd personally want to see to it that all blankets to be used = super washed the night before. hahahahaha

^build off from this or toss?
Back to top Go down
donnysaur

donnysaur

PostSubject: Re: SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs.   SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 1:21 pm

I like the dance central/ddr idea. BUT IT MIGHT BE HARD GETTING PEOPLE TO PARTICIPATE (including myself hurhurhur).

Doing a social where we just chill wouldn't be hard to set up: get a place, get a movie, veg out.

But do you guys want to do that? Or something more active?
Back to top Go down
Lisa

PostSubject: Re: SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs.   SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 2:35 pm

DO SOMETHING MORE ACTIVE, DONNY >[!! Let's try to get everyone to "GEL" xD
Back to top Go down
heytoria

heytoria

PostSubject: Re: SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs.   SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 10:45 pm

gellin'
SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. 300

so are we leaning towards a movie night with healthy food *cough*smores*cough*? BlAnKeT FoRtTtTtT...

i want to learn how to dance though. Sad
Back to top Go down
jamieleung

jamieleung

PostSubject: Re: SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs.   SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 2:23 am

KICKBALL!!!!!!!!!

^simple, easy, fun
teams of 9-10, round robin tournament
Back to top Go down
Kristin Wong

Kristin Wong

PostSubject: Re: SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs.   SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 2:34 pm

dang i hella like the kickball idea!!!!

how many people on a team though? i bet we'd need a lot of outfielders because we can all kick really far o.o
Back to top Go down
jamieleung

jamieleung

PostSubject: Re: SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs.   SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:03 am

teams of 9-10 people per team***
9 people are the standard for a baseball team. and since kickball uses the same field as a baseball/softball field, 9-10 people would be perfect coverage. 11 miiight be too much.
Back to top Go down
heytoria

heytoria

PostSubject: Re: SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs.   SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:08 am

yayyyy hotdogs. who has a kickball... Surprised
Back to top Go down
jamieleung

jamieleung

PostSubject: Re: SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs.   SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:09 pm

the rubber ones from target or walmart shouldnt be that expensive
Back to top Go down
sparckydog

sparckydog

PostSubject: Re: SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs.   SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:51 am

Kickball is the stuff. I used to be so pro back in elementary school.
Back to top Go down
donnysaur

donnysaur

PostSubject: Re: SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs.   SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 2:45 pm

Down for kickball.

Where/when?

We could probably use Sorrento Park on some dry weekend.
Back to top Go down
jamieleung

jamieleung

PostSubject: Re: SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs.   SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 12:36 am

i think lisa said board will organize the event, we're just supposed to come up with something
Back to top Go down
Lisa

PostSubject: Re: SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs.   SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:06 am

THAT'S MEEEE!

You guys have to plan everything. The board basically sets in the date for you and advertise <3. Sooo you guys need to supply the equipment (I'm guessing kickball), determine location (i'm guessing sorrento park), organize rides (if needed >] mwahahaha) decide how the game will be played (go by team. how will teams be determined? don't want there to be stacked teams now!!), will there be PRIZES for the winning team?!?!? (not necessary at all), etc. Play around with the idea, I suppose. It's YOUR guys social so do whatever you want with it. Are we required to wear certain colored shirts so we can differentiate each other ? or blahblahbalh

Edit:
Oh yeah, the board also needs to approve the social. LIKE no alcohol involved kinda stuff. Gotta make sure we're not all risking all our lives in this social.
Back to top Go down
heytoria

heytoria

PostSubject: Re: SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs.   SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:15 am

yeah.. drinking + kickball is not a good idea anyway.
Back to top Go down
jamieleung

jamieleung

PostSubject: Re: SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs.   SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:19 am

oh, so we need to make rules like base running and such.

can this be officially approved please?Smile
if that's what all the sophs want to do
Back to top Go down
Lisa

PostSubject: Re: SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs.   SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:21 am

Well, when I said "no alcohol" i mean like "kickball with a bbq on the side and bring alcohol" is not an acceptable social.

Well, if all the sophs agree with that social, it's pretty much approved. Kickball sounds like it'd be fun. Make the rules. I dare you to make the game more challenging >]
Back to top Go down
Lisa

PostSubject: Re: SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs.   SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:24 am

^ I'm kidding about making it more challenging. Sounds like it'd be fun. Confirm with your class and we'll try to shove it into our socials calendar!
Back to top Go down
sparckydog

sparckydog

PostSubject: Re: SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs.   SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:53 am

I approve this idea.
Back to top Go down
heytoria

heytoria

PostSubject: Re: SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs.   SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 9:00 pm

i approve paul's approval.
Back to top Go down
donnysaur

donnysaur

PostSubject: Re: SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs.   SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 7:46 pm

Kickball.

Sorrento Park.

March 11. 11AM.

Someone get a kickball.
Back to top Go down
Kristin Wong

Kristin Wong

PostSubject: Re: SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs.   SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 2:03 am

MUGA cancelled for now.
Back to top Go down
heytoria

heytoria

PostSubject: Re: SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs.   SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 1:12 am

MUGA was most def. cancelled for today, but is it for sure <i>"postponed"</i>? are we still sticking to MUGA day or can we still advocate other activities? kickball was such a good idea; it was just on an awks day with the dodgeball tourny and all. is that still up in the air?

if MUGA or kickball doesn't work out, what if we did one of those moviedrinking games but with no drinking? [DUH] we think of other stuff to do?

example:
SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. Tumblr_m0je268gho1qcbuwuo1_500

but change the rules so whenever ____ happens, we do ____ instead.

like SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. Tumblr_lzo8p7Sojl1r3j5qho1_500

and less lame.
Back to top Go down
Lisa

PostSubject: Re: SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs.   SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:14 pm

If you guys want to, y'all can host multiple events. We currently have your event shared with the freshmen social since they're doing bowling.

Or you can suggest it to the new board members for next quarter since my term is almost up x[ and we only have so many weekends to do things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs.   SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs. Empty

Back to top Go down

SOPHOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREs.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Davis Racing Dragons :: DRD Community :: The Lounge-
Jump to: