Davis Racing Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Davis Racing Dragons

We are a dragon boat team at UC Davis.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Textbooks and other class materials

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anna

Anna

Textbooks and other class materials Empty
PostSubject: Textbooks and other class materials   Textbooks and other class materials EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 6:21 am

Since we all like to save money and help each other out, I have some stuff that might help you. I do have other peoples' stuff (old tests, quizzes, etc.) but I will not be offering them, as they are not mine. I am a mechanical engineering major (biomed up until fall 2011), so if you see classes on there that I should have taken but aren't mentioned, feel free to ask me. I can probably fish out some notes, old homework, old exams, etc. The ones listed below are mostly digital copies.

Please feel free to post about textbooks and study materials you have if you'd like to share. Thanks!

Some terms and conditions:
1. Do NOT print anything with my or anyone else's name on it, unless you tear it off the page.
2. Do NOT plagiarize. I don't want anything traceable back to me.
3. My old stuff is meant to help you with studying or writing (especially in ENG 45), nothing else. This means you don't get to copy homework off me just because you got too lazy to do it earlier.
4. Please don't share my stuff outside DRD. Within DRD (and given that they accept the terms and conditions), you may pass it around like the Su Flu Very Happy
5. With digital textbooks and solutions, however, do share with anyone you want, though make it discreet. Many professors will report you to SJA if they catch you with a solutions manual.
6. Actual textbooks are for borrowing for the duration you're taking the class(es). If you want, I can negotiate a price with you if you wish to buy it.
7. A lot of my stuff is not digital, which means I just give you the physical thing (test, homework, etc.). I do not need these returned to me. Preferably, however, you'll share it with the next generation of DRD who has to suffer through those classes!

Key:
(FD) = Please message (Facebook, email, text, etc.) me what you'd like, then give me a flash drive to transfer stuff. The content is probably too big to send via email.
(E) = Please message me with your email so that I can email the stuff to you.
[name] = The professor I had for that class.

Summary:
- BIM 20 [Yamada] homework solutions 1-6 (E)
- BIM 105 [Saiz] a bunch of random stuff including exam samples and some solutions, textbook (E)
- BIM 108 [Qi] homework solutions, exam samples, lectures, podcasts, project, textbook (FD)
- BIM 116 [Jarrett] some lectures, group assignments, writing assignments, presentation (FD)
- CHE 2BC postlab calculations (it's just the excel doc), old textbook (E)
- CMN 3 [Michel] homeworks, lecture slides, study guides, completed study guides, one of the textbooks (E)
- DRA 144AB [Hunter] journals, essays
- EME 50 [Farouki] homework (E)
- ENG 17 [Spencer, retired] textbook, and the rest material can be found here and here
- ENG 35 [Cheng] homework, tests, quizzes, textbook, textbook solutions (FD)
- ENG 45 [Risbud] lab reports (E). I believe Bruce has my old exams and graded labs.
- ENG 100 [Yankelevich] homework solutions. Sorry, no lab reports (E)
- ENG 103 [Delplanque] exam samples (E)
- ENG 104 [Younis] midterms 1 and 2, homework solutions (E)
- ENG 105 textbook and solutions (FD)
- ENG 190 [Gisla] presentation, though I can't imagine how it would help. (E)
- ENL 3 [Dawkins] essays (E)
- NPB 101 [Ishida, Furlow] lecture slides, podcasts (FD). Diana might know where the textbook is. I do have exams, but they're lost in my room somewhere.
- PHY 9ABC book (some older edition) solutions (E)
- PHY 9C [Cunliff] exams and quiz solutions (E)
- PHY 9D [Harris] solutions manual (E). I probably have exams lying around somewhere too.
- PSC 1 [Post], 168 [Zane] I can send you a link to exam study guides that my classes have put together.
- UWP 102E [Squitieri] essays (E)

The textbooks and/or solutions I have listed are:
- [BIS 2] Older edition (sorry, I'm old)
- [BIM 105] Probability and Statistics by J. L. Devore, 6e.
- [BIM 108] forgot the title and don't have the book with me, but it's the same one used every year.
- [CHE 2] Older edition (again sorry, I'm old)
- [CMN 3] Interpersonal Communication Competence by Hamilton.
- [ENG 17] Linear Circuit Analysis by Davis (1998). This is probably not the textbook currently used, as this text was specific to my professor, who is now retired.
- [ENG 35] Vector Mechanics for Engineers - Statics by Beer, 8e. Solutions are 8e as well.
- [ENG 100] Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering by Bobrow, 2e.
- [ENG 102] Engineering Mechanics: Dynamics by Meriam and Kraige, 6e
- [ENG 103] Fluid Mechanics by White, 7e. Solutions available.
- [ENG 104] Mechanics of Material by Riley, Sturges, Morris, 6e.
- [ENG 105] forgot but I have 7e textbook, 6e solutions.
- [ENG 190] The whole loose-leaf. There's marking and major highlighting in it though.
- [MAT 21] It might be an older edition (once again, I'm old) but it should still work.
- [MAT 22B] Elementary Differential Equations solutions only.

Extras:
- an old clicker (not the new iclicker) to borrow for next quarter. first come first served.
- MATLAB 2008 version(for ENG 6) (FD)
- AutoCAD (ENG 4, EME 50 and many many other eng classes). Go to http://students.autodesk.com/ and register, then download it for free, fully licensed and everything!
- FE exam supplied-reference handbook, 8e, 2nd revision. (E)

Misc:
- Naruto 1-505 (this and Naruto are from my brother, don't judge) (FD)
- Bleach 1-415 (FD)
- Fifty Shades of Grey by E.I. James(Trilogy) (E)
- Born To Run by Christopher McDougall (E)
- His Dark Materials series (The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, The Amber Spyglass) by Philip Pullman
- God's Debris by Scott Adams (it's free!) He's the author of the Dilbert comic series!

Good luck on your studies!
Back to top Go down
heytoria

heytoria

Textbooks and other class materials Empty
PostSubject: Re: Textbooks and other class materials   Textbooks and other class materials EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 6:27 am

you had to read fiddy shades o' grey for class?

Textbooks and other class materials Tumblr_lnwe9gBJkN1qap4ct
Back to top Go down

Textbooks and other class materials
Page 1 of 1